Libellés

samedi 15 décembre 2012

Simple Chickpea curry


The original idea is not mine, I saw it on a site somewhere, and as much as I searched, I couldn't find the exact recipe again. So what I make is a reduced, simple version of it, which is just as tasty!

You will need (servings for 1 person):

  • 2 Stalks of celery
  • 1 onion
  • Two cups of chickpeas
  • 1 Tsp curry
  • 1 box or half a can of coconut milk
  • Olive oil

Step #1: Like all beans, chick peas need to be soaked for 8 hours before cooking them. The idea here is to leave the chick peas soaking overnight to be used the next day. Here, I soaked 500 grams of chick peas, much more than I need for this recipe, because I’m going to freeze part of them to make other recipes.

Step #2: Cook the chick peas in a pressure cooker, until it lets out steam for about 20 minutes, or in a regular pot for a couple of hours, until soft.

Step #3: Chop the onion and the celery.  Cook the onions in olive oil, in a large frying pan. Add curry and celery, cook into onions are yellow. Add the cooked chickpeas and cook for about fifteen minutes on low fire. Turn of the oven and add coconut milk, mixing while everything is still hot.




Serve with rice! Bon appétit!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire