Vegan pot pie, of course!
I came upon this recipe by chance and adapted it to whatever I had in my refrigerator. I used these vegetables right here :)
One large zucchini
A can of corn
Half of a leek
Chickpeas (quantity is up to you)
2 cups vegetable broth
1/4 cup flour
1/4 non-dairy milk
1 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Thym
2 tablespoon vegan butter
And you'll also need pie crust. Check out the recipe for pie crust here.
1. Make the vegetable broth and let the bay leaf simmer in it for about 5 minutes.
1. In a seperate pot, sauté the onion in the butter for 10 minutes, until soft.
2. Add paprika, thym, and flour. Stir until combined, and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add milk.
4. Add the vegetable broth and take the bay leaf out. Add remaining ingredients, except for the asparagi (I added them on top of the pie, at the end).
5. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, and cook for 10 minutes. It should look bubbly and sort of creamy. Pre heat your oven for 15 minutes at 180°C.
6. Place inside pie crust and decorate with asparagi.
|Almost done. . .now it just needs to bake!|
A slice of vegan pot pie when it's finished: