Libellés

lundi 17 février 2014

Vegan potato salad

Potato salad. . .a delicious side dish, easy to make, and like my favorite dishes, you can put virtually anything into it.


So why are my potato salads different? Because of one, essential ingredient, that I believe every good potato salad should have.

An apple!!

Yes, that's right - an apple gives the right crunch and sweet touch to potato salad. To be fair, this isn't even my idea. It was passed down to me by my Mom, who learned it with my best friend's Mom (who is czech, by the way, and has the most awesome recipes). Since I was five, all of my potato salads have had an apple in them.

So, go ahead, get creative! Here are some ideas of what to put in your potato salad:



  • Homemade mayonnaise (that's a tricky one, and something I've never done. But in honour to my mom and my best friend who both know how to make it, I'll leave it written down).
  • Corn
  • Peas
  • 4 boiled large potatoes
  • A chopped apple
  • Chopped celery (more crunch)
  • Chopped spinach
  • Chopped raw or cooked carrots
Mix it all up, chill, and enjoy! 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire