Libellés

lundi 9 décembre 2013

Questions I get asked: Don’t you kill lettuce when you eat it?


Answer: Yes, lettuce dies when we pluck it from the soil and stuff ourselves with it.

But what shocks you more? The death of a lettuce head or the death of a mother cow?

I won’t post the videos here – YouTube has plenty of them. Let’s get back to the point: killing lettuce.

I personally believe that lettuce is a living being, but much less evolved being than a cow. I prefer to kill lettuce than to kill cows based on that belief. I believe there is a huge difference between the two of them. Namely, cows are capable of walking, mooing, licking their babies, dancing-



Yes, dancing. Check out this video. It’s friendly, I promise.

But lettuce is a simpler organism, biologically speaking. So that is why I prefer to kill lettuces than cows. It’s my choice to kill who or what I want. In fact, in my mind, cow is a ‘who’ and lettuce is a ‘what’.

If you think there isn’t a difference between the two, I suggest you go to a petting zoo and meet some baby cows up front. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire