Libellés

lundi 26 août 2013

Gluten-free fluffy pancakes

Hey guys! I decided to do an extra post this week, dedicated to all my gluten-intolerant friends.

So I was making gluten-free bread, something I'd promised to do countless times for my gluten-intolerant friends, and I had a little flour mix left, about a cup. The recipe I'd found online asked for 350 grams of flour mix, and 350 grams of water. I figured I'd use the cup of flour mix that I had left, and add one cup of water to that, since they were equal measurements, right?

Wrong, it turns out. Very wrong. I added more flour, but didn't have enough to make up for my clumsy mistake. So I was left with a batter that I couldn't do anything else except...

Pancakes!!!

And those turned out VERY GOOD indeed.

My vegan pancakes for a celebration brunch :)

So this what I used for ingredients:


  • 1 1/4 cup gluten-free bread mix (it comes with all types of flour: rice flour, sorghum, etc. You can buy it at a natural food store or at some supermarkets).
  • 1 cup warm water, soy milk or another vegan milk
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 8g of Brewer's yeast or 'beer' yeast (A pinch of baking powder will work as well).
  • A teaspoon of salt 
  • A teaspoon of sugar
  • Margarine or oil for frying
Steps

#1. Mix warm water/milk with the brewer's yeast.
#2. Add olive oil.
#3. Add flour mix, salt and sugar. Mix until the batter is homogeneous. 
#4. Place oil or margarine on a skillet, and heat it up.
#5. When oil is sizzling, scoop batter with a ladle and place it in the middle of the skillet.
This is the tricky part now- realizing when one side is done. The bottom side is done cooking when tiny bubbles are piercing the top side, and the top side isn't as shiny anymore.
#6. Flip the pancake and cook the other side.

Enjoy!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire